I.B.I.S. Project: Survey on Unmet Health Care Needs – Progetto I.B.I.S.: Indagine sui Bisogni Insoddisfatti nella Sanità
To improve health service delivery through careful evaluation and targeted care of the needs of patients and carers.
1. to develop research aimed to describe the unmet needs and their predictors in different contexts of Health Care System
2. to sensitize and train health care staff to the recognition and assessment of patients’ needs
3. to measure the effectiveness (e.g. on the quality of life of patients and on satisfaction with the received care) of a clinical practice that gives attention to the unmet needs
4. to sensitize health personnel to the recognition and care of their own needs
5. to support health politicians in allocating available resources in those areas where the need is of greater extent and more urgent.
Two studies are currently in progress in the context of the IBIS Project:
► EVALUATION OF UNMET NEEDS OF PATIENTS RECEIVING PALLIATIVE CARE IN TUSCANY, ITALY (IBIS – Cure palliative)
Studio promosso da FILE-fondazione italiana leniterapia in collaborazione con Rete di cure palliative, zona Nord Ovest, USL Centro Firenze e con la SOS Oncologia Medica Osp. Nuovo San Giovanni di Dio – Dipartimento Oncologico Azienda USL Toscana Centro – Firenze
► EVALUATION OF UNMET NEEDS OF PATIENTS WITH CHRONIC LIVER DISEASE THROUGH THE “NEEDS EVALUATION QUESTIONNAIRE”